Wednesday, January 9, 2008

This isn't going to be pretty...

Well, as you can probably tell, this isn't a "new" blog - but rather, an abandoned blog. I started it back in June/July as a way to occupy myself during the dull summer days working in the Detroit Advertising Market®. At least that's how it should have been....turns out right around the time I "launched" this blog, our little edit suite was rocked with work. While all the agencies normally should have been out filming, something got mixed up and suddenly we were in hot demand.

Being such hot commodities leaves little extra time to design, code, and write entries. Sure, I could have taken the easy route - pick a template page from Blogger's website and just write. That's never really been my style however, I love to create and get a kick out of CSS & HTML. So essentially what happens is things get put off until I feel I can focus just enough energy towards them. No blog should be published if it isn't "finished". The only problem though, is I never felt like I had sufficient time to finish it. You dig?

It's a New Year however, and since I set this blog up I kept thinking, "I'll get to that this weekend!" or "Maybe next week would be good". Well, I've decided (and you can call it a New Year's resolution, though I wouldn't) that I'm going to stop putting things off. Surely I can take my time and update both design and entries. With the Internet pretty much acessible anywhere these days, I think it should be pretty easy.

When my wife Gloria & I were planning our wedding we had a blog called The Cool Team. Basically that kept wedding guests up to date on how things were going with the planning, menu choices, directions on how to get there, etc. Simmilarly aim for this blog is not just to talk about what I think is cool or interesting, but to also keep a record of progresses made throughout the year, hence the title "You Can't Sop Progress" - thanks Clutch. Who knows what form it will take, but I'll do my best to keep it updated.

So here we are, this page will be a little ugly for sometime. Heck, it might even be ugly by the time I finish it. Hopefully this little experiment works. Thanks for reading!

No comments: