Thursday, January 10, 2008

Would Anyone Like to Buy Me This?

My PowerMac G5 is getting a little long in the tooth...

New 8-Core Mac Pro

Seriously though, it seems like Apple is slapping new processors into their computers as fast as they can. Or maybe time is just going by really fast. At any rate, I don't think I've had a computer for as long as I've had my current one - I got my first/current Power Mac in October of 2003. Remarkably, with all the advances in tech in the last few years my computer hasn't skipped a beat and runs just as good as any today. The only thing I've had to replace so far is the DVD-Rom (couldn't take the 4x speed anymore, and it began to refuse reading certain discs). All in all solid as a friggin' rock, so no real need for a new one, but you must agree the new Mac Pro's look amazing. That's all.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Ang and I spent quite a bit of time laughing at the expression used (ie "long in the tooth") and then proceeded to spend more time debating on what the hell it actually meant. Thanks for the brain teaser, Kev.

PS- In order to post this I had to become a google blogger. I resent the fact that you do not allow anonymous posts but also compliment you in that I'm willing to give you my time to sign up for this ridiculousness just to comment on your blog.

Kevin Jones said...

Sorry Molly, I'll fix that